Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Day 3 of Trip

On day 3 of our trip to Ohio, we slept in and took an early lunch at Allyn's Cafe. Allyn's Cafe is a great little Cajun place in Cincinnati that I wish were closer so I could have lunch there every Saturday. Not only is the food amazing...I had the Mardi Gras Pasta and Robert has the Blacken Chicken Quesadilla...but they have a great, friendly staff.

We then headed off to Jungle Jim's, a place that is as big as Costco but is an actual grocery store. This store has everything you could possibly want...beer from places you can only imagine, a hot sauce section that is 4 isles and listed in alphabetical order, and a snack section that you could spend days in. Robert got beef jerky in wild flavors like Alligator, Kangaroo, and Venison. He also stocked up on hot sauces that made him sweat for hours and burnt off some of his taste buds. ;-) I grabbed the most amazing, large, blackberries that I couldn't get enough of them!

From there we drove up to my hometown to go bowling with my parent, my best friend Trisha, and her four boys that range in age from 2 to 10 years old. Bowling was fun, especially when playing pass the "baby" with Trisha's youngest. And teaching the boys how to bowl and watching them get better with each game.

After bowling we went to Marion's Pizza and got to catch up a little more with Trisha and the boys. The boys were so excited to here that the next day Robert would be coming with me to visit. They love playing video games and with Robert coming over they couldn't wait to challenge him on the Wii.

Tune in tomorrow to to find out who won the video game challenge and what happened on our last day in Ohio.

No comments:

Post a Comment