Monday, August 10, 2009

What's been going on...

Well it has been a crazy few weeks with a vacation, a destination wedding, and a local wedding back in the Bay Area. So I thought I would recap everything over the next several days. The trip started on July 23rd and we headed to Ohio to visit my friends and family.

Day 1 and 2 of the trip
Flying to Ohio takes all day. You get up before the crack of dawn, feed the dog, say bye to the cats, and beg a friend to drive you to the airport at 5am. (Thanks Susan!) You then sit on a plane forever and a day to arrive in Ohio. We had a layover...and when I say layover I mean we barely made the connection for our flight...in Dallas. This layover was just an excuse for our bags to not make the connection and start off our trip with a bang. Luckily though, my hubby was smart and we packed extra clothes just in case this happened.

Once we got to Ohio, we headed to the hotel and then off on what has become a tradition with Robert and I. Robert was born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area so he has not experienced a lot of the chain restaurants that Ohio has. Therefore, on our yearly trips back, we try new restaurants that he hasn't been to. For our first meal in the mid-west, we headed to Bufflo Rings & Wings. Anyone that knows my husband knows that he loves hot and spicy food...especially hot sauces. And Buffalo Rings & Wings didn't disappoint. With their atomic sauce he was sweating and sucking down "pop" (or soda as we call it out here) like no tomorrow.

With a nice meal we headed back to the hotel to rest up for the next day. On day 2 of our trip, Robert played a round of golf at Beavercreek Golf Club and enjoyed every minute of it. I got to take a trip down memory lane by going through old photos with my Mom and packing them up to ship back home. But of course, I couldn't stop in Ohio without going to Skyline Chili. I love this chili so much that I have it shipped out to me in California, but nothing beats the real thing in the resturant.

After picking up Robert from golf, we headed back to Cincinnati to go to my favorite resturant, The Precinct. This is absolutely the best steak in the world...don't believe me, grab a flight and go try it. It's worth the flight! There is no steak that can touch what they do at The Precinct and the staff is so wonderful that you never ever want to leave. And to top it off, we hadthe nicest note from the manager, Chris, when we arrived back home. Thank you Chris and everyone at The Precinct for such a wonderful time.

Check back tomorrow as I continue to recap our time away with stories and photos from the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment