Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Flower Season is Ending

As loyal readers of this blog knows, I love going to Filoli and seeing all of the flowers. I probably like this even more than most people because I can't grow flowers for anything!

Filoli closes at the end of October because most of the flowers are settling down for a long winters nap. They do have a Holiday season where everything is decorated with breathtaking decorations and the public can purchase tickets to see the grounds.

But just in case you didn't make it out to Filoli over the last couple of months, here are some pictures to make you look forward to Spring.

Watering the area near the entrance with sprinklers keeps everything looking fresh and beautiful.


These flowers are so inviting that you can imagine yourself laying down next to them and watching the clouds roll by.


And I'm sure kids dream of playing hide and seek in these trees....but you can't so it will stay a dream.

People are not the only ones who like visiting Filoli....


And even though the colors are amazing, I also love seeing the lovely patterns each flower makes. That is shown off in this black & white hydrangea.

While strolling through the rose garden, my friend Sallie and I came upon this wheel barrel filled with old roses.

While we were there we made sure to stop and smell the roses...especially when they look like this!

I love this flower too...the color variation give so much detail that you can only find in nature.

And finally, my friend Fon wanted to know what the key to the front door of the mansion looked like. I thought she was a little out there asking for it until......


the volunteer brought this out and showed us!!! Totally glad she asked to see it. How cool would this be as your front door key? And while we are dreaming....how cool would it be to live in that mansion!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment