Friday, October 9, 2009

The Zoo

I have lived in the Bay Area for 10 years and when I first moved here I was determined to see all the sights and experience San Francisco. And not just once in a while....every weekend. Well, that goal turned out to be a little aggressive. So I am sorry to say that in the time that I have lived here I have only been to the San Francisco Zoo twice. And that second time was last week....

But instead of focusing on not being a regular at the Zoo, let's focus on the great animals they have there. Here are a few photos from my trip with my friend Sallie who I thank for getting me back to the zoo.

The Grizzle Bears were amazing! We got to see them close up (behind the glass, not in the cage) playing in their pond and eating their breakfast. I love this dramatic black & white photo.



The Bald Eagle was hiding away in a tree, but still keeping an eye on us.


The Lions were a little tired, but still looking fabulous.




We had a model at the Gorillas. Once he saw us taking pictures, he came right over and posed for us.


But not everyone was pleased with their picture being taken...


And why can't we all just get along? I'm not sure what the first Flamingo did but the second was not happy about it.


And finally, THE BEST JOB EVER!!! Yes I love my job but this is something I would love to do just once...


Take Molly the Koala inside for bedtime. How awesome to carry a little Koala around daily!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment