Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Networking Bonanza

Yesterday was my networking bonanza day. The day started a little earlier than expected but thankfully for great, energetic people (and some coffee) I jumped right into the mix.

At 7:30am, I attended my first BNI meeting. Everyone was very nice and showed me the ropes right away, making me feel completely comfortable in a room full of strangers. What better way to start the day and to meet wonderful people. After a filling breakfast and feeding off of the motivation of the BNI group I headed to my BAWN networking event.

BAWN, The Bay Area Wedding Network, held their fall event at Preservation Park in Oakland. This little gem is beautiful and seems like a paradise that is hidden away in downtown Oakland. The history of the homes that are there and the setting makes for a romantic wedding at a completely affordable price. Plus, Barbara the site manager, is such a sweet person that you can't help but want to work with her.

It was a great day filled with steel drum music from Steel Jam and food from Miraglia Catering. With flower designs from several local florists and table decorations that would make any bride feel like a princess. I met several wonderful people and can't wait to do it again at the next BAWN event.

No comments:

Post a Comment