Friday, January 21, 2011

RIP Boots

After eleven years, being rebuilt eight times by three different repair places, and being the perfect boot to go with every outfit, I must say goodbye to you my favorite pair of boots.

It was a wonderful journey filled with many miles of love, laughter, and eventually the several holes that tore at the "heart seams of your sole." You were one of the first to welcome me to the beginning of my new life in San Francisco. You were the boots I wore on my first date with Robert, who is now my husband. And you were the boots I chose to wear when we picked up Logan and Mele and brought them to their new home.

I have tried several times to find a replacement for you, but there is not one pair that have come close....even though I kept those too because I didn't want you to be lonely in the closet when I had to wear other shoes.

So with many tears filling my eyes and the hole in my heart growing as big as the one in the left one of you, I bid you farewell and hope that you enjoyed your time with me as much as I did with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment